Skip to main content

Lockdown Diary 4 : A confusing phase

 Diary 4: A confusing phase.

Day 55 (18th May 2020) Monday.
One might wonder why am I calling it a confused phase. Just have a look at the blueprint of lockdown 4 first. It's been extended till 31st May 2020.
It is confused phase because they have opened market places. While people still struggle to understand the meaning of social distancing. 🤷🙄 Any sane person will still avoid visiting crowded places when corona scare still lurks and people who will go out are already going out since day one. (The most untamed animals of the animal kingdom.😤)
This feels like opening the liquor shops situation all over again. Let's wait for these changes to show colors. Lockdown 4 is going to be an interesting diary I suspect. 
Stay tuned.

10:40
Finally this lockdown has some music in store. The speaker system that was in the upstairs has been bought down to the living room and I began with listening to a legend Kishore Kumar. 
(Pic source- Jio saavan)
 (pic source- Jio Saavan)

Day 56(19th may 2020) Tuesday
It is a very windy morning. I am not sure weather I should attribute this to Cyclone Amphan. Lately natural disasters are raising It's head. "Don't just talk about coronavirus we are here too. Many people in this country have not experienced summer properly (especially farmers and their cultivated lands) for farmers 2019 was not party either. It rained and rained. It was the year of cyclones (everyone remembers Phani and the four Arabian sea cyclones Vayu, Hikka, kayarr, and maha) It was phenomenon repeated after 117 years. Check the news report below.
The farmer that always prays for timely rains has been praying for rains to go away these past two years. 
I have been taking care of a little lemon plant that has blossomed in our garden for the past few day. Yesterday it looked a little dry and it made me tense. I made a circle around it for water retention.

(Lemon tree in my garden. It looks better today 😀)
I can't even imagine the pain a farmer goes through after he looses his harverst. 
All they have seen this past two years is rain. Nature please return back to normal.

Day 62 (25th May 2020) Monday
It's been more than 2 months that we are under lockdown. Although this lockdown has been technically very different than the other three. Evidently, we are seeing a steep rise in cases. Even my hometown is reaching 100 cases. Everyone has decided that we have to live with this now. Corona has become an integral part of the world. There is no turning back. People have started going to work. Some are observing strict caution and some are just winging it. Many people have finally reached home. Maharashta has been worst hit and our Tricycle government is riding is to oblivion. 
(A picture is worth 1000 words- source twitter)
(source- Twitter)

Day 64 (may 27th 2020) Wednesday
Lockdown 4 is as confusing as my mind and body must be feeling. They have seen me break my schedule and attend late calls of my friends, eat late, sleep late. There is a popular saying "yatha Raja tatha praja." (Like king, like public) if I consider my state as my king it would lead me absolutely nowhere. The system will start to topple. Brain, body and heart will start fighting over who is the king of me. Cleary the body is winning, without even doing anything. Therefore, I turn to the centre for leadership. Keep working on myself each day come what may. At the end of May I throw myself yet another challenge. Which will be revealed only on it's completion.
 The state of my body has a central goal now.

Day 65 (28th May 2020) Thursday
It's a breezy pleasant morning. Adopted the the same strategy to wake up which I used in lockdown 1. Sit up as soon as the alarm goes off. Without lying back on bed. Make your bed, fold your bedsheet. It's the first sign that you are ready for some activity.
been reading this at bed time. It's gripping. But I have been patient with it. Few chapters at a time. The mystery is about to be revealed. Might read it in daytime today. Left it on a cliffhanger yesterday night. Curious to carry on.

Day 66 (29th May 2020) Friday
Yesterday night. I sat on bed and took a deep breath. It was 11:30 PM. "What happened?" asked my mum. "I am sleepy but my mind won't cool down." I said. "What is bothering you?", she asked startled. "Well, I finished reading the book." I said. "The murderer was revealed and now I see(him/ her) when I close my eyes." 
Hmpf, she grunted. "Who told you to read murder mysteries at night?"(the word she used was 'bakwaas'( nonsense)) she asked irritatedly. My reply was "It was all bed of roses till the investigation was going on. It pricked me when the criminal was unmasked that oh yeah! I was reading a murder case isn't it?" Then my mum said something that it changed my mood and made me laugh. She outrightly said the most unexpected thing. "Think about Tom and Jerry and go to sleep." 😂😂😂
 I replied(not believing my ears for a second) " you are the first mother to ask her child to think of Tom and Jerry when they are scared. Most mums would have asked to recite Hanuman chalisa." 😀😀 "Oh yes you can do that too." , She replied We had a light giggle. I thought about 'SHREE HANUMAN' and went into deep slumber. 😴😴😴🛌 (SNORES TOO, ACCORDING TO MUM)

 Last night I realised why one should not read murder mysteries at bed time. Especially, the part when the murderer is revealed. You have been reading for a long time hence, you develop some connection with the charecters. At the end one of them proves to be a murderer. It's a bit joulting. It definitely has an effect on you.(Although trivial)As a result I couldn't sleep for sometime.  The imaginative mind of mine went from the murderer to valak/ the nun(ghost of the conjuring)

Nonetheless. 😅 Moms are the best. Thanks to Shree Hanuman and Tom and Jerry as well. 😀 ✌️

Day 67 (30th May 2020) Saturday
Lockdown 4 ends tomorrow and now we are talking about the fifth edition. This makes me wonder what the future looks like for us 'Earthly beings'? Everytime I think about the future it reminds me of Doctor who episode is titled 'New Earth' (Season 2, episode 1) The doctor and his companion Rose visit the earth 5 billion years into future. On entering the elevator they are thoroughly disinfected and dried. (To their astonishment) 
The last pure human Lady Cassandra is about to die.
 Half cat- half human nuns grow, human race artificially and use them as guinea pig. Infect them with all the disceases in the world and try to find a cure.( Makes them for mutated humans)
By the way, the last human is a villain. (No surprise there!) Her life was extended through a series of seven hundred and eight plastic surgery operations until she was nothing but a piece of skin stretched onto a frame with eyes and a mouth, connected to a brain in a jar below. Info borrowed from the following source https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Cassandra_O%27Brien.%CE%9417 )
(Lady Cassandra  pic source -villans.fandom.com) She releases the disease infected humans and becomes a reason to start a mini zombie apocalypse just because the cat nuns don't pay her money for keeping the human testing story a secret. (Duh! So that's so human) Thankfully averted by the doctor. Phew!😥 Else it would have been corona conundrum all over again or worse.(Doctor, please come and save 2020. PRETTY PLEASE!)
Judging by the current situation in the world atleast one of the incidents from the episode might turn out to be our impending future. Let it only be the disinfection part. 😰 We are already villians in the story of earth and I don't want to imagine a world where cats grow humans. 😼
(Cat nuns from the episode 'New earth' - Doctor who. Source - Wikipedia)
(Cat nun and the doctor. Source- propgalary.com)
(The doctor under the disinfection shower in the elevator. Source- pinterest.com)

Day 68 (May 31st 2020) Sunday.
The curtain falls

It's the end of the lockdown as we know it. Lockdown will continue only in containment zones. The central government is telling us roam my dear countrymen. Just before 9:00 PM in the night and after 5:00 AM in the morning.

Observe social distancing, do not spit in public places, observe discipline while going into shops and market. That are the general instructions which are obviously going to be groosly ignored. In a impatient country where you failed to compel people to follow traffic rules. It's a joke to think they will follow these rules. (Snort of derision) Therefore we are left at the behest of ourselves.
The onus is on us....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections best scam: Invented by the people, for the people

This election season lets us understand what entails in this process. It's an impasse between a rock and a hard place. We expect sanity from insane people, loyalty from treacherous people, w e appoint stupid people to make intelligent decisions for us.🤷They in turn appoint criminals to fight and win elections for them.🤦 Politics is the only place where the criminal background on your CV gets you hired. It's a Black collar job done in the guise of white-collar. It's an unfortunate trap and we helplessly keep falling into the same vicious cycle after every five years. They say everything is fair in love and war. But in this war, many unfair, ugly, and condemnable decisions are taken in the name of the citizens, who are just a pawn in their bigger games. Mark Twain once said, "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." This sentence makes so much sense to me now. The world spends so much money on the scam called the elections. Black, white,

Lockdown Diary 3.0- A normalising phase

 Diary 3.0 : A normalising phase Day 41 (4th May 2020) Monday 6:15 AM Although I am following my lockdown routine. The 3.0 phase is going to be different. Government has removed many restrictions.(as it is people were not listening 🤷🙄 they might as well go to work.)  ( Source- Social news.xyz) Now what? This question remains. Maybe the government has left it on us to take our own decisions. The police force is brutally tired. They tried beating up people, pleading them, punishing them(squats, yoga etc) morally shaming people.(Clapping and felicitating people who were out for no reason), making them dance. In this process some of the police force got beaten up, killed, spitted on, bullied and threatened by some politicians and infected with coronavirus for doing their job.  Therefore, the government has changed it's parenting technique. Remove certain restrictions and observe the results. That's the only choice they had. The new parenting technique is borrowed fro