Skip to main content

COVID-19 My Lockdown diary (2020)

My Lockdown Diary
Swati Iyer (iyerwrit)
Coronavirus also known as COVID- 19. It turned the world upside down. How much? That we are yet to comprehend. I am writing amidst the crisis. The virus which spreads via human to human transmission has bought some first world nation to it's knees. The rate at which the numbers are rising is no less than nuclear chain reaction. It's the silent killer that's making too much noise these days. The only way to break the chain is to stay at home.
 Therefore, on 24th March 8 PM the Prime Minister of India announced a 21 days lockdown. Initially people were asked to self- impose it on themselves but some COVIDIOTS(GOOGLE THE TERM) are taking it as lightly as their brain. Hence, it was imposed stringently. 
As they say, "it takes 21 days to make or break a habit." I decided to make some changes in my lifestyle. I am documenting it to inspire myself to follow through the routine for 21 days.

Day 1- (25th March 2020)
It's 6:36 AM. Yes. I am awake at 6:36 AM. All my life I have made a habit of being a nocturnal being. That's the major change I bought in my life. I woke up at 5:55. Had warm water with lemon and honey (that's another routine change) I call myself a writer but don't write everyday. So I want to do that religiously. Hence, writing this blog. 
At 7:00 AM sharp I will start some exercise for rejuvenating my mind and body. Now this a very important change in my routine and I will make sure to follow it every damn day. 
See you tomorrow with day 2 activities. Might add something to this day's work if something new comes up.

Day 2 - (26th March 2020)
I request the time travelers convention to  ban entry into the year 2020 forever. The world is facing a crisis and humans are naive enough to go outside just to feel the picture. Someone might definitely infect you and corona might become a beast in future as well. (unless you have a vaccine. If yes then please come to 2020 ASAP)
So anyways good morning!
It's day two of the national lockdown. Let me tell you about the highlights of day 1. 

1) I let myself go news free! Probably too tired of listing to the same damn virus. After some exercise I went down and woke up my mom and dad. Made breakfast for myself. Ate at 8 A.M. πŸ˜„ 
2) watched Mata vaishnodevi aarti (begining of chaitra Navratri)
3) Started reading The famous five- on a hike together. It's a fun book. Couldn't finish it yesterday since I had to wake up early today. I left it on a very exciting plot twist. Will definitely finish reading it today. I recommend this book for kids and adults as well it's a fun read! 
4) The biggest highlight of the day. It rained! It rained cats and dogs. 🀷
Ok then see you tomorrow. Stay safe stay home. Excercise and eat well.
Today I put an end to a disturbing chapter in my life. If you find a very unusual blog in my list of blogs. Then you will understand the story. It starts with an abusive word(the blog) and it's the first time I will be using gaali(abusive language) in the history of my life. Ask anyone who knows me well. I hate gaali. I have never ever used it. If I am using it for something or someone it ought be damn serious. (I might chicken out and not publish it. I never know at this point what I am going to do.)

Day 3 (27th March 2020)
I woke up early today and I am happy about it. I spent 40 minutes of it editing an another blog. Although I woke up with a thought of disappointment, with a feeling that I let some culprit go Scott free. I wanted the universe to teach the guilty a lesson. But how will I know if the lesson was learnt or not? That question is bothering me. What should I do? It's a new day I should walk ahead. Soon it will be out of sight and out of mind situation. That's what I should explain my heart. Which feels injustice.

On the corona front. It's getting disturbing and depressing. Hearing the tales from other countries where there are absolutely no beds left for patients and they are left to die or heal on their own. Our Prime Minister knows if the pandemic spreads like wildfire in our country. Judging by the massive population size, it will be catastrophic. Hence, he has imposed a 21 days lockdown and adviced social distancing. It's for our own good. Yet some people are acting like crazy. Hoarding food stocks, going to crowded places. Some even fought with the police who are risking their lives for us. 
Home state Maharashta has been hit hard. It has the highest number of cases and highest number of unruly people. I think we need army to handle people. Stupid stupid people. COVIDIOTS. 😑
It's 11:43 AM all the household chores has been completed. A video of a runner in Bhusaval beaten up black and blue by the cops for breaking the curfew is doing rounds on social media. People are spending more and more time on their phones. Great time for viral video makers. They come up with new research (self declared πŸ™„) to fight and cure this virus. 🀦🀷 They take advantage of people's gullibility.

Made popcorn today to get a feel of movie theatre.πŸΏπŸ˜‹ (Feel the picture) 

It's going to rain again today. The weather is as gloomy as us. 
Amidst all this there came a news which seems to be trending on the top. A ray of positivity for many people. To sit at home.
There was a time in 90's when this show was telvised for the first time. People say that the roads used to be empty just to see this epic show. So it was an ICONIC MOMENT then and ICONIC MOMENT NOW.

Day 4(March 28 2020)
Good morning it's 6:10 AM. Thoughts provoked me and sleep elluded me last night. So I haven't got a solid 8 hrs of sleep. I didn't wake up fresh like I had on days I, 2 and 3. Yet I crawled out of the bed into action. Bit slow today. it feels like a drunkard struggling to get hold of things. Heck I was struggling while squeezing a lemon wedge today.
 I am struggling at typing words. Brain has a slurred speech today (I am using the word 'today' a lot todayπŸ€­πŸ˜„) . Getting normal slowly thanks to the refreshing lemon and honey water. 
Inspired by some real life incidence. I finally got an idea on how to move forward with my story.(I am a writer.Duh!) It was lacking the supporting cast who will take the story forward.(heck I am struggling with vocabulary as well🀦) Add meaning depth to my characters.
Had to wake up dad today. He wanted to go out before the curfew timing and get some fruits and pickup files from the office. The curfew was relaxed for people to buy essential items from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Although my dad has curfew pass to go out even after. Yet, it's better to follow the rules when it's for your own benefit and police will not offer carrots they will offer you stick and then ask the question. πŸ™πŸ˜¬
Since I didn't write much today morning. I completed my Excercise soon. It's 7: 20 AM and I and done. My brain finally got hold on itself. Thanks to excercise. 

6:17 PM. Watching news. Two doctors treating Corona virus patients are themselves struggling with one and death. One succumbed to death and the other is on ventilator. This situation feels like being in war and commanders themselves start falling. People who are still going out carelessly are becoming the carriers of this life threatening virus. Let alone breaking the chain you are infecting are responsible for murdering our saviours.

Day 5 (29th march 2020) Sunday
Since it was Sunday I obviously wanted to sleep longer. I had a peevish state of mind when I went to sleep. Was almost on the verge of becoming 'CHAR DIN KI CHANDNI PHIR ANDHERI RAAT' (hindi phrase which literally means 'The moon shines brightly only for four days and there will be darkness again') It has deeper meaning. It's used for someone who falls back to their old habits after being active for few days days. I told myself it's better to fall in new habits than holding onto the old ones.
My second motivation to wake up is this time which I spend writing this blog. This refreshes my mood. Opens my sleepy eyes. Cures the headache which I got up with. I can complete my sleep later but I won't get this quiet time for myself later on in the day. So I am glad I didn't break this chain and woke up today.

Day 6 (30th march 2020) Monday
Good morning world. I have started writing what day of the week it is to keep reminding myself about it. Yesterday, my mom, she kept on thinking that it was Saturday. Everyday feels like weekend to her. Plus loads of work. Never-ending work. It's been difficult for the home makers. Over burden and not a day's rest. Since, I have been helping with household chores. I realize how difficult it is to be the responsible person in the house day after day. Everyday I don't fell like doing anything. Yet, I end up doing so many things. Because, I know it needs to be done. I take a solid 4-5 hour break while watching Ramayan and mahabharat. Which has inspired me to work on another blog. I feel mahabharat is a treasure of stories knowledge and life lessons. So the other blog is based on mahabharata. 'Lessons I learnt from mahabharata(it's just a rough title, might change in future) 
I have stopped paying attention to news. The rising number of coronavirus ( Chinese virus) I just hope that we continue this lockdown with an iron will. It's not easy being locked inside your home for this long. Some people are going out for walk. Even entering other people's home. They don't realize the importance of social distancing at this point. I am so commited to social distancing that I have even stopped using handshake and high five emoji (πŸ€πŸ™…πŸ™Œ) namaste πŸ™ is the only way to proceed further.

Day 7 (31st March) Tuesday
At the end of this day. We will be crossing stage one of the 21 days lockdown. It was not completely effective in many parts of our country. The poor migrant labours are facing a testing time. Government is asking them to stay wherever they are. All arrangements are made for you stay. Yet they want to reach home somehow.(understandable, people want to stay with their families in crisis, plus no source of income.) So they chose to walk home. Cross states on foot and that is causing casualties. One man died of heart attack some are dying of starvation. When your country has such a massive population and you don't know what to do? Always run to the government. Don't take matters in your own hands. It might cause life long grief to you and your loved ones. Please mind the repercussions.
 If they had followed orders they would have been still alive. Yes away from their loved ones but alive.
(worldwide figure 31st March 2020. Source- world meters.info)

Day 8(1st April 2020) Wednesday (April fool's day)
Time made a fool of me Today. I wanted to wake up five minutes early but when the alarm went off I wanted to sleep five minutes more and woke up 15 minutes late 🀷. I also stared at the fact today that I didn't want to admit. The room upstairs which I use to write in peace and excercise later is facing a lizard infestation. Today one of them was near the light switch. I left everything as it is and ran for my life. Next time I should go guns and blazing. Don't you think?(I mean red hit) Anyways I am sitting in the living room listening to the periodic snoring of my 'pitashree' (dad 🀭). Initially I declared that would skip excercise but no I will do it by sending dad to sleep in another room. I am determined.
 
Day 9 (2nd April 2020) Thursday. 
Ram navmi.
Today India celebrates the holy festival of 'Ram navmi' this day celebrates the birth of 'Raja Ram' the 7th avatar of lord Vishnu. I am not a religious person. But I know this Ram Navami is special. This year Ram navami celebrations were going to be massive. Since, it is the first Ram navami after finally winning the Ram janmbhumi case in Supreme court. People's beloved Lord Ram was returning to Ayodhya. After 27 years of exile in court. If it wasn't for corona. It would have been marked as a biggest festival of all. I wanted to see what the Ram bhakt's would do. I was curious indeed. But now the event has been called off and should remain cancelled. Because, on the other hand when religion and religious practices take forefront in the days of a deadly pandemic. Disaster waits to strike. There is something called the Tabhlighi jamat. 
tablighi jamat (read the report here) This is not the shocking part. Instead of co-operating with the authorities and doctors. Some people who attended the jamat misbehaved with them. They were spitting on the doctors. To such people. Forget the name  'jannat' (heaven) because clearly you are not going there. No God will support henious crime against humanity. It's also irresponsibility on the part of Delhi government. Until yesterday 2346 people were staying at the headquarters. Nizamuddin Markaz. Including foreign nationals. If this pandemic goes out of control. Be ready to bear the brunt. 
Didn't wake up on a fresh note today. More and more negative news keeps coming each day. Day by day it fells that the walls are getting closer and closer. People are free these days. So, more matrimonial related calls keeps coming. I am not as elated as I was at the beginning of the lockdown. Getting frustrated at small things. I am getting a sinking feeling right now. Future looks bleak. I might end up loosing my smile. But I intend to keep on smiling amidst all the odds. 
 
Day 10 ( 3rd April 2020) Friday
Good morning world. It's 6:20 AM. Usually I am full of thoughts before I sit down to write but today I am clueless. It's engaged elsewhere. So let me tell you about my Lockdown routine. (I may drift off topic. Train of thought you see) 
1. I wake up, drink warm water with lemon juice and honey. Whilst sipping the drink I type this blog. 
2. Excercise for 45 minutes. Some warm up, surya namaskar, some other excercises then pranayam. Need of the hour is to make our lungs stronger.
3. Breakfast- a heavyweight part of life. It's the fuel that keeps your engine running the whole day. (Plus I am cranky and before breakfast. If you see me hungry in the morning feed me. Keep awayπŸ˜…)
(Source: Pinterest.com)
4. Watch vaishno Mata's arti. As it was Navratri. (I don't know what will we do today in that time slot)
5. Cleaning the house- Used to have two maids one for house cleaning and other for utensil washing but 1. They live in a crowded place, 2. Visit many houses on the way for cleaning. Hence, they could be the carrier of virus that the government is warning against and the most important point they have children and elders in their family. So why risk their lives. Therefore, we are not allowing any outsiders home. Cleaning becomes my responsibility. Sweeping and mopping the floor, changing the Rangoli outside. This has to be done in intervals because ramayan starts at 9:00 AM.
5. Watching Ramayan- I am not a big fan of Ramayan. I have read the story. (Nothing seems to justify the way it ends) I have never watched Ramayan on televison. So it's a unique experience. Although the makers have televised it in 1987. The animation the the cinematography is top notch. (for that era) The acting looked slow initially but now it's getting some pace. One character that has always inspired me in stories is Hanuman. Now, one more character has become a beloved. I wish there were someone like this person in my life. It's Ram's younger brother Bharat. 
Bharat's love, dedication, maturity has won my heart. I like that somehow my country is also called Bharat. He was sure that his name was sullied forever. Because of the deeds done by his mother on his name. But no Dharmatma (saint) for me your name is as equal as lord Ram and know this. No one hates you. 
(Oops! I am on the clock. Conversation to be continued later.)

Day 11 (4th April 2020) Saturday
It's the morning where will complete 11 days of the 21 days lockdown. 10 more days to go. Yesterday morning the PM of our country announced in his short video message.
(pic courtesy - Times of India)
As you can see that the Prime Minister clearly understands that it's not an easy task to be confined in your own homes. This task( lighting lamps or showing showing mobile flashlight) bestowed upon is just another way of communicating. We can flash light and let our neighbours know that we are alright. They in turn can do the same. It's will bring some exciting in the otherwise monotonous days. 
PM didn't say that this will help fight corona virus. It's the people in the watsapp and fake news University that are linking it to numerology and other balderdash. Therefore there is no reason to make a mockery out of PM's appeal. Calling it superstitious and stupid is uncalled for. Today I won't be able to complete the story that I began yesterday, about my daily routine. As I am sitting outside my house fighting mosquitoes waiting for the newspaper man. To cancel the subscription until the Corona scare subsides.
3:00 PM
Ok I'll try to complete my daily routine marathon.

After watching Ramayan the battlefield with germs and dust begins. Corona days thaught us the correct way to wash our hands. Turns out bunty was right when he said in the lifeboy ad. "Dhote jao dhote jao..."(keep washing and washing your hands
10:00 PM
Learnt a lesson from Ramayan Today. 
'Save your nose from being shredded by not spreading fake news like surphanakha. Be like Vibheeshan and bust the myths.'

Day 12(5th April 2020) Sunday
The dillema of being a nocturnal being all your life is great ideas comes you in the night. Your brain was programmed to be more active in the night. I realised one thing about myself if I had to write funny and cheeky stuff. I have to trick my brain to thinking that it's night time. This version 2.0 of myself that wakes up early is not sassy enough.🀭 (My brain to me right nowπŸ™„πŸ€·)
Anyways, I keep going back and forth on watching news and catching up on Corona updates. So I really don't know what is going on the world on that regard. Last I read, New York was the worst affected. It surpassed the numbers of Italy and Spain. They are worst hit by community transmission. Things look under control here in our country. My dad and some media houses thinks that there are chances this lockdown might get extended. Although government denies the report.

On personal front I have lost the war against lizards without a fight. I have retreated from my kingdom. I am self declared ranchor.(ran- battlefield, chod- leave)πŸ˜¬πŸ˜„

Sharing my plight the Ramayana way πŸ˜…
(Only for Hindi speaking readers. It might loose it's charm in translation) 
Humari kutiya ke upar k kaksha abb ek Aranya ban chuka hai. Waha asuri shaktiyon ne trahi trahi macha rakhi hai. Jisse meri tapasya ka sthan dushit ho gaya hai. Kaash mere tunir me iska koi Ramban hota. Kaash koi Arya aake mere dukh harle. Upar bani Lanka ko ayodhya banade.

Day 13(6th April 2020) Monday

Last night I went to bed light headed. Not to worry it's pun intended. 🀭 With all the lights we lit. My mind was lit. πŸ”₯ Couldn't sleep all night just because I wanted to wake up this morning and write how it felt. It was fireworks. People there were literally fireworks. πŸŽ‡πŸŽ† It felt like mini diwali. Some politicians asked 'Why the celebration?' and 'Did this kill corona?' to them I will say. Yes we are amid a pandemic and It shoudn't have happened. But the fact that we are alive was reason enough for celebration.(yet it was blatantly ignoring PM's request. 'Dont go out'. So I condemn it) For the next question. Lighting lamps, candles and showing torch for 9 minutes was never intended to waiver the virus. Last time on janta curfew day we clapped hands in solidarity for the frontline forces.( Doctors, nurses, cleaning warriors and the police force) This time we were lighting the lamps for ourselves. Reminding ourselves that we are not alone. Truly the feeling was exhilarating. Everyone coming out in moonlight. Lighting lamps, flashing torch. The thundering sounds of firecrackers. Felt like diwali.
For a moment there, I forgot that we were fighting this invisible enemy. I was just happy that me, my family my extended family (wherever they are) and my vicinity is safe. Light symbolises absence of darkness, grief and unhappiness. Hence I request the universe. Lead us from this figurative darkness towards light. 
(Glimse from Siddhivinayak temple- Mumbai. Source- Twitter)
( The Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself- New Delhi. Source- Twitter)

(source- Twitter)
These people need no introduction. The Ice caps behind and the uniform says it all. Mesmerizing view.😍

Lockdown cravings 🀷
Usually, I am a savoury kind of person but today I felt like eating something sweet. The only thing sweet I could find at home is milk powder. So guess what? I grabbed a spoon, poured it on a dish and started eating milk powder. 😬

Tonight, before sleeping I have a resolution. I am going to finish reading 'The famous five' and hop on to another. Tomorrow. I don't want to reget not reading enough amid lockdown.

Meanwhile the temperature has started to soar savagely in my hometown. Afternoons are getting hellishly hot day by day.
(Source- AccuWeather)

 Day 14(7th April 2020) Tuesday
I was reading this day to day blog yesterday and realised I haven't completed my conversation. About day to day activities above(check the content of day 10) After watching Ramayana in the morning I finish the remaining household chores. I am on my toes until the clock strikes 12:00 A.M 
Mahabharata has been one of my favourite shows. It is so intricate. (Mahabharata is older than me but I used to watch it's repeat telecast on Star Utsav)
Now I am waiting for the mahanayak of mahabharat. Nitish Bharadwaj as Krishna. As a kid, he was probably one of my first celebrity crushes that I remember. (Didn't know the word 'crush' at that time thoughπŸ˜„)  There was something magnetic about his smile. Even today if the actor reads this about himself and smile. I might melt.🀭 Nobody could have portrayed 'Krishna' better than him. I didn't know the actors name at that time. I found our somehow and never forgot this name. (Google wasn't available at finger tips at that time)
I realise that if I write any further it will be rambling about Nitish Bhardwaj sir. 
So, see you tomorrow.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
(Source- twitter)

Hey! just realised tonight we'll be completing two weeks of lockdown. 

Today I made a decision. I am blocking those contacts who are spreading fake messages, hate messages against the government. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. But not in this situation. Not betwixt a pandemic. I will not tolerate derogatory comments against the lockdown. Period. 
When you put such an effort to keep your home sanitised. You wash the gate, door knobs, dustbin with phenyl spray. Yet you see some people blatantly ignoring the social distancing norms. It makes you angry. You are putting so much efforts while others are roaming around. Visiting other people, chatting. Not even following the one meter distance. You can tell them once. But when elders Don't pay heed to your advice. What should be done?

Day 15 (8th April 2020) Wednesday

Corona Endgame:
Today I decided to directly start typing about the idea that struck my mind yesterday night when I was half asleep. For me the idea was like striking gold. I want to know your reaction after reading it.
So lately all of us have been watching too much of Ramayana and Mahabharata and all of you know that I am an avid fan of 'Marvel Avengers'.
(This is a very interesting Idea I might add charecters and dialogues to it later)
In my sleepy mind the charecters of both worlds i.e. Mahabharat and Ramayan combined and fought the 'Corona Endgame'.
'Shri Ram' was obviously 'the captain' therefore he instructed. "Hanuman, you are "pawan putra(son of wind) Kill all the viruses in the air." 
"Arjun, eyes on everything."
"Shri Krishna you have got the perimeter, show them hell with your sudarshan chakra." (As Robert Downey Jr. is my favourite. I will obviously make him krishna ♥️)
"Bhim and Laxman, now might be a good time to get angry." 
They reply, "That's my secret bhaiya(brother) I am always angry." Bhim says "I am hungry too, can I eat them?"
At the end you know what happens. The COVID villans are killed successfully.
You must be wondering where are the Devis (ladies) Sita, Draupadi, and all. They are the part of the story too. They are doing their part in tending to the needy and sick.
What about Ravan and the kaurav sena? They are part of this too. In my story, they decided to act like responsible adults and forget the grudges and differences for a while. Until this unknown enemy is taken care off. So they are protecting their own kingdom. Fighting for their empire. Asking to the people of the world for only one thing. "Stay home, stay safe."
(Pic courtesy - Ramayan memes- Instagram)

8:30 AM
Making dosas for breakfast today. Want some? Anyone?

3:26 PM 
Just finished some household chores. Tired. Current temperature is 40° Celsius. 🌑️
Finally finished reading 'The famous five' today. 
Turning towards murder mystery now.

Day 16 (9th April 2020) Thursday
Mujhe bahar jana hai! (I want to go out)
I kept chanting this to my mom last night before sleeping. 'Mujhe ghar jana hai bolne wale, aaj mujhe bahar jana hai bol rahe hai.' (we peopls who cry saying " I wanna go home" crying to go out") Since, the temperatures have risen suddenly a feeling of suffocation overcame me. I also read that extending the lockdown is inevitable. Which makes me feel like a prisoner whole parole got cancelled. I was expecting a relaxation in lockdown for a week. 
 Maybe the universe isn't done teaching us a lesson. We are doing time for the crimes we commit against nature. Sadly, most of us humans will revert back to their old habits. Future generation if you are reading this. You are going to be worse than us. Qki hum 'mool' hai toh 'tum' soot ho.(If we are principal/capital you are it's interest)
You are what we are, plus interest. 
6:30 AM
Going to take turns in garden. To feel the fresh air in my lungs.
8:30 PM
I had curd in the afternoon right out the firdge. Hence, I have started coughing. Dad has turned the whole household upside down to make homemade medicine for me. That he just saw on the internet. Although I was using my arm to cover my face while coughing. I was advised by dad (correctly) to use a handkerchief. Since I didn't have hanky and we were out of tissues. I decided to wear a mask at home.
Don't want anything I have caught. Affecting them. Precaution is always better than cure.

Day 17 (10th April 2020) Friday
I thought I might not wake up today. At my regular time 5:50 AM. But there I was waking up at 5:25 AM and waiting for the alarm to go off. Can I officially declare this as my habit? Or is it too soon to discuss? I am sleepy. Wanna sluggishly crawl into bed. But I won't. I am resolute.
I wanted to walk today. This is how I did it at home. πŸ‘‡(Youtube link)
I invented a garden game. While walking if the weed touches your feet. You remove it. If you play this game everyday. Your garden will look cleaner. 😁

Day 18 (11th April 2020) Saturday
I slept to a happy fact that a therapy is being used for treating Corona virus patients with more acute symptoms. Testing begins at Kerala.

 The treatment showed positive results in some patients at New York, USA. 
The method is called 'Convalesant Plasma Therapy'. Convalescent Plasma Therapy (read the report here)
 In layman's terms, they borrow good fighting soldiers (antibodies) from the patients who have recovered from corona virus and  add them (transfuse them) to a person with acute symptoms. It's like, after you won a war, you give your young and energetic army to aid someone's weak and weary army. I think this might work reduce the mortality rate (deaths) related to corona virus. It's definitely a way to go. It's not a cure but a way for humanity to fight this deadly virus. A ray of sunshine. Pure and positive.

Day 19 (12th April 2020) Sunday
 When you hear the word 'sunday' the word 'sleep' takes over your mind. Yet, I am up. Woke up before the Alarm. Sitting in a relaxed position (lazy position) to write. The first thing on my mind as I woke up was the word 'Ikshvaku' and 'Raghukul' (happens, when you sleep after watching Ramayana) Who were these people? I had to Google facts about them before coming to write. My mind is curious than a cat sometimes. I can't sit in peace of something is on my mind. When I read about King Raghu. I couldn't help but imagine Karna shared the same traits. He was 'daanvir' and so was Karna. Maybe somethr to do with the fact that king Raghu was suryawanshi and Karna was surya putra.
 Nature wise Raja Ram and King Raghu shared the soft spokeness and keeping their promises quality. (Raghukul rit sada chali ayi pran jaye par vachan na jaye) Did someone loose their life in the dynasty Keeping promises? That's another question on my mind. πŸ€”
Anyways let's go to the garden.
(pomegranate tree)
2:00 AM
Took a break from washing many dishes and utensils. My fingers have gone pruney. 

Day 20 (13th April 2020) Monday.

Corona paranoia-
Yesterday I was reprimanded for sanitizing a medicine strip/ leaflet before using it. 🀭 I don't know weather my act was precaution or borderline paranoia? Maybe my dad didn't see we washing biscuit packets, locks and keys, etc. I want to put a poll on it and for the sake of my sanity please vote. 😬


Imagine your favorite food, now think that you are eating it. It's delicious but you don't want to overeat hence you save it for eating later. Now, imagine this someone else consumes your favorite dish. That was earmarked for later. It's ok, no issues 'daane dane pe likha hai khane wale naam' (every grain has it's consumers name) but visualise this. Whoever is eating it is not only criticizing the food but also threw it away. What will your reaction be? won't  you launch war of words? I would.
There is a lesson hiding in plain sight. In the story above
1. We are sitting in the luxury of our homes and fighting for our favourite food meanwhile workers and famished people are spending their days eating whatever they get. (Mostly khichadi( rice and lentil preperation))
2.  We have the imprudence to waste food while some starve.
3. "You do not know the value of what you have unti you loose it." Applies everywhere.
4. If you don't like something don't take it. If you take it don't waste it.

Day 21(14th April 2020) Tuesday

Vishu (Malyalee New year)
Being a Palakkad Iyer our roots and ancestry belong to Kerala. So we celebrate Vishu.

Since it's the first day of the year. The things that you see first, when you rise before the sun has to be auspicious. Therefore, Vishu Kani(kani means 'that which is seen first) is decorated 
One day before, before going to bed.

It's first time in the history of Vishu's that I am part of that I didn't retreat to bed after seeing Vishu kani and taking blessings from mom and dad.(elders)
Today is a special day for me. The day on which I complete my 21 days health and lifestyle challenge falls on the new year. What can be more auspicious than this? 
Today is also the last day of the lockdown as declared by the central government. There are many states who have already extended the lockdown upto 30th April 2020. The union Government's decision and instructions will be known today. As Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to address the nation at 10:00 AM.
Today I won't get to write much because I am up but so is everyone. This made me realise why there is a 5 AM writers club. 
The future of this blog Will also be decided Today at 10:00 AM.
 (I can hear post credits music in my mind right now. πŸ˜„)
11:00 PM
I'll draw the curtains on this and start lockdown Diary 2.0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections best scam: Invented by the people, for the people

This election season lets us understand what entails in this process. It's an impasse between a rock and a hard place. We expect sanity from insane people, loyalty from treacherous people, w e appoint stupid people to make intelligent decisions for us.🀷They in turn appoint criminals to fight and win elections for them.🀦 Politics is the only place where the criminal background on your CV gets you hired. It's a Black collar job done in the guise of white-collar. It's an unfortunate trap and we helplessly keep falling into the same vicious cycle after every five years. They say everything is fair in love and war. But in this war, many unfair, ugly, and condemnable decisions are taken in the name of the citizens, who are just a pawn in their bigger games. Mark Twain once said, "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." This sentence makes so much sense to me now. The world spends so much money on the scam called the elections. Black, white,

Lockdown Diary 3.0- A normalising phase

 Diary 3.0 : A normalising phase Day 41 (4th May 2020) Monday 6:15 AM Although I am following my lockdown routine. The 3.0 phase is going to be different. Government has removed many restrictions.(as it is people were not listening πŸ€·πŸ™„ they might as well go to work.)  ( Source- Social news.xyz) Now what? This question remains. Maybe the government has left it on us to take our own decisions. The police force is brutally tired. They tried beating up people, pleading them, punishing them(squats, yoga etc) morally shaming people.(Clapping and felicitating people who were out for no reason), making them dance. In this process some of the police force got beaten up, killed, spitted on, bullied and threatened by some politicians and infected with coronavirus for doing their job.  Therefore, the government has changed it's parenting technique. Remove certain restrictions and observe the results. That's the only choice they had. The new parenting technique is borrowed fro

Lockdown Diary 4 : A confusing phase

 Diary 4: A confusing phase. Day 55 (18th May 2020) Monday. One might wonder why am I calling it a confused phase. Just have a look at the blueprint of lockdown 4 first. It's been extended till 31st May 2020. It is confused phase because they have opened market places. While people still struggle to understand the meaning of social distancing. πŸ€·πŸ™„ Any sane person will still avoid visiting crowded places when corona scare still lurks and people who will go out are already going out since day one. (The most untamed animals of the animal kingdom.😀) This feels like opening the liquor shops situation all over again. Let's wait for these changes to show colors. Lockdown 4 is going to be an interesting diary I suspect.  Stay tuned. 10:40 Finally this lockdown has some music in store. The speaker system that was in the upstairs has been bought down to the living room and I began with listening to a legend Kishore Kumar.  (Pic source- Jio saavan)  (