Skip to main content

COVID 19 LOCKDOWN DIARY 2

Since, people are calling it lockdown 2 as PM of India extended the lockdown upto 03-05-2020 I decided to continue my daily blog as diary 2.0

Click here to read the complete 21 days blog

The 21 days lockdown and my own 21 days fitness challenge went off smoothly.
I am finding day 22 a bit difficult.

Day 22(15 April 2020) Wednesday
This day started with a minor glitch. I woke up with difficulty. It has been my task to fill hot water in flask every morning from the last 21 days. I was doing the same today when it suddenly slipper from my hand and some of it spilled on my stomach. It's a minor injury but such things happening in the morning sets off your mood a little. Anyways I am going out for a turn in my garden. Maybe that will change my mood.
Pictures from the garden.
(Doesn't this tree look like a big Icecream cone? 🍦)

(May your days be as fragrant as this flower is. 😊)
(Oh sky, why so cumulus? ☁️☁️☁️πŸ˜„)

It's 6:56 AM back to excercises. Bye.

Day 23 (16th April 2020) Thursday
Lockdown 2 began with my dad going to office. From now onwards he has to go to work regularly. As it is all his colleagues were at the office everyday in Lockdown phase one. Jalgaon district is least affected. (There was only one patient. He got well.) Therefore many are resuming to work. Slow and steady. Even the market is going to be open 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Yet fear lingers on. When you see in the news that there was some kind of conspiracy in bringing so many labours at Bandra railway station. I mean sending a fake video. Urging people to protest against the government, publishing a fake news that trains have started. This instills fear. 
What were they upto?
(Good morning world)

12:00 PM
With truckload of work while staying at home. I have developed another habit. Skincare. Yes, it's the most essential after shower habit. Learnt it from a friend. Although I was lazy enough to follow it religiously like her. She will be glad to read this newly developed lockdown routine of mine.
(This was started during the 21 day lockdown itself. Forgot to mention earlier.😬)
(Products used in my after shower routine, deo, lip balm, cream, power, prickly heat powder)

Day 24 (17th April 2020) Friday
I sleep with lots of thoughts in my mind. That I could write in the morning. But every morning is a clean slate. I don't remember much of what I was thinking in the night. (Maybe I should write it down.😬🀭) Only thing that I remember about yesterday is while watching 'RAMAYAN'. Where the war is at the final stage. Lankeshwar himself is on the battlefield after loosing his precious son Meghnad. But where is the woman who started it all? Where is Shurpankha? 
I googled it and found confusing stories. One says she intended to start the war(pre-planned) because she was angry with Ravana for killing her husband.

The other says she met sita later when she was in valmiki aashram and they became friends.

Another story is that she did penance for 10,000 years and got a boon from lord Bhrama that she will marry Shri Ram in his next birth in Krishna Avatar. According to that story she is one of the junior wives(Among the 16,100 ladies that Krishna released from Demon Narakasur. 

This story has a sub plot. She was known as Kubja and was hunchback. Krishna blessed her and made her normal again. When he arrived at Mathura for 'Kans vadh.'

I hope one of this things might have happened or all of it. Who knows?

On Corona front political party Congress is out with politricks again. They have many stupid followers. Behaving responsibly is never on their agenda. Holding a press conference at this time. For uttering nonsense. Did they even donate a penny for this cause? Who gave them a right to say lockdown is not a solution? Do they have better solution?

Day 25 (18th April 2020) Saturday
Some days you want to finish up the work as soon and possible and rest. Therefore, you work with double speed and agility. But in that process you forget your clumsiness and end up doing double the work. πŸ˜ͺ🀦 That's me.
This happened Yesterday. I was cleaning the kitchen platform and gas stove at super speed(without supervision 🀷🀭)
I was turning as twisting the stove and I gave it a stoke. It broke(The pipe where it was attached to the stove) fisssssss the gas started leaking with a roar. I was shouting mom, mom (like a little kid who doesn't know what to do after making boo boo) dad came running and closed the cylinder knob and disconnected it.( While scolding me)
I had broken it's neck and stood there dumb struck. 
I called up the repairing service. The cabinet inside which the cylinder was kept also has groceries and other items with it. That had to be cleared before the repair man arrived🀦 So you understand my dilemma. Chiti jaisa kaam, hathi bann chuka tha. (Ant sized work had become elephant sized) 😩
Hey, but don't feel sorry for me. There is a silver lining to the story. 
1) When the guy came to repair he showed us was old and had to be changed in 2018 itself. 
2) No servicing to the stove was done since we bought it. So that was done.
3) It's a 4 burner Gas stove bit we could use only 2. (The other 2 had very low flame and would cease to operate anytime) so that was repaired.
In all new burner, New pipe, servicing which was due. I think the double trouble was worth it.
In the end I was also taught how to clean the gas stove carefully. Jokes apart everyone who is reading this take a lesson and be careful with the stove. 

It's ok if it doesn't shine as bright as the day in all the corners and below. (Message for cleanliness fanatics)

Work at home safely.

Day 26 (19th April 2020) Sunday
Old habits are like the invaders in a dormant state, waiting for the right moment to strike. Sleep on your weaknesses and wake up to strength. 
My old habit of being creature of night resurfaced last night. So I had to spend this morning writing a self- motivational quote. If you don't sleep well. Your capacity to think gets hampered. Hence it took me an hour long to come up with this quote. 


Day 27(20th April 2020) Monday

World will celebrate earth day on 22nd April 2020. But earth is already celebrating. If 2020 is year of coronavirus. The 2nd face of the coin says that this year belongs to earth itself. Because for once in million years it's healing. All the the other creatures in the flora and fauna are sighing an air of relief. New ecosystems have developed, old ones have revived. Ozone layer is healing. I have heard the word 'ozone depletion' all my life.(all of us) Indeed a golden year for animals and birds. (Negligible human interruption.)
"Sikh hum bite Yugo se naye yug ka kare swagat." (We learn lessons from our past and then welcome our future.) Those who are watching mahabharata these days must have heard this song that ends the episode. The question is do we really learn from our past or even from what goes on in the present the present?
Human a creature of habits, will you make a habit to protect your surroundings? Is this lesson enough? 
Or are we as twisted as a dog's tail?
Food for thought!

Corona temptations- 7:00 PM
A simple yet sinful temptation in the day and age of corana is a glass of chilled water right out of the refrigerator. The heavenly feeling of chilled water down your throat. Nothing can match this surreal feeling.

Day 28 (21st April 2020) Tuesday
This morning I just want to listen to music and sleep probably. I haven't listened to music in last 27 days and I am missing it badly. It is such an alien feeling for me. I have never lived without music for so long. But guess the height of coincidence I am sitting outside typing this and a Cuckoo starts singing.
So I finally got my period hence taking a break from my Lockdown routine. Time to rest, eat junk and just go mad on the routine.

Day 29 (ΰ₯¨ΰ₯¨nd April ΰ₯¨ΰ₯¦ΰ₯¨ΰ₯¦) Wednesday
10:45 PM
Today feels like being in Superman's bizzaro world.(I might as well start calling 'Earth' as 'Htrae') 
I am writing this blog in the night instead of morning.
 )Like in bizzaro world up in down, day is night.(
Therefore, I have used the opposite brackets as well. πŸ€­πŸ‘‡
 So, Slept on my stomach all day.(menstrual cramps 😩) Did absolutely nothing. No cleaning. No excercises. Just ate and slept. Most of the people are saying that this has been their lockdown routine from the get go. So taking in this experience as well. 
Anyways, see you tomorrow. If I feel like Writing
 
Day 32 (25th April 2020) Saturday
6:00 AM
So I am back after 2 days break. Today I couldn't stop myself from waking up. My conscience bullied me into waking up. Reprimanded me of turning back in to the same lethargic human being.
It's getting hotter by the day. I have developed prickly heat rash on neck even after using rash powder everyday. It's so hot that I am already waiting for the the first rain to touch my skin and purify it.
I want to sit inside water for a whole day and never leave it. This is my thought at 6:20 AM. Do you realise how hot it is?

Taking turns in my garden. Glad that I woke up in this cool breezy morning. There is a stark difference outside. Inside temperatures might bake you. But outside feels rejuvenating.
(My personal jungle)
(Garden fresh)

The variety of birds that I see in the morning. I wish there were a way to see them closely. (Binoculars or digital camera) Sigh!
(The picture is not clear but here we are. Can someone recognise this bird? I think it is kingfisher.)

On Corona front-
(source-  mygov.in/covid-19)

Day 33 (26th April 2020) Sunday
Yesterday evening was the most dramatic Lockdown event in my diary. So we got to know about a coronavirus patient in Bhusaval. (Samta nagar) who were none other than relatives of elderly couple who stay adjacent to our house. Since there was communication between the family amid lockdown. These people were called to report/ test in Jalgaon. Probably the most difficult night for those who were in contact with them. We could see a possible chain forming. Since we follow lockdown rules with πŸ’― % sincerity. There was no reason to panic. Yet, when it's people you see everyday from your front door. Alarming isn't it?
Now read about another twist. As I am writing this event. I see these two elderly couple returning to their home. I am happy for them and my curiosity soares. What could have happened? How come they are back so soon?

Day 34 (27th April 2020) Monday
It's been more than one month of this lockdown. The virus has raised it's fangs in our city. Two positive cases and some test results awaiting. The ones those live in the adjacent house didn't clearly mention what happened with them exactly. Were they tested or left because they have no symptoms? Were they asked to be in home quarentine? Nevertheless why aren't they taking precautionary measures and be in self - quarantine? 
Is there a pill to absorb stupidity from people? We need that first more than a cure for coronavirus these days. 🀷🀦

Lately while watching Uttar Ramayan. I realised one thing it also has lessons relevant to today's time. The greatest lesson on all is as follows.
Even if you are god and your Rajya is Ram rajya. You cannot satisfy everybody. The concept of 'Ram rajya isn't as hunky- dory as one might have imagined.  Try wearing handgloves that was designed to treat all your fingers as equal and that will be self- explanatory.

3:22 PM
Recently, I have developed this temper. A temper that doesn't tolerate when someone complains about food ( it being tasteless, boring or not to your liking) on the plate. Be happy that there is food on your plate. Be contented that someone is toiling in heat and sweat to put that food in your plate. Yes we are human and some of us can be moody and picky eaters. But my request to you in these corona days is to either freeze your taste buds or hold your tongue in silence. 
Lock it till the lockdown.
Humble request.
(IyerWrit)

Day 35(28th April 2020) Tuesday

Political play- offs in corona time.
I have been waking up 15 minutes late the past 2 days. Going to sleep late hence, waking up late. Yesterday there were major turn of events and that kept me up. In the times of corona the state machinery thought it necessary and urgent to interrogate a journalist over a comment (the infamous political family) on his show. They grilled him for over 12 hours for the same. Basically they didn't want him to get back in time for his show. The events yesterday looked like a powerplay. After the match at the police station was over. He came back to his 9:00 PM show.( Very late 10:30) and started playing the 2nd innings vigorously. 
What was actually achieved here-
1. Chartbuster TRP for the show
2. Pubictity for the political family.
3. Number one Twitter trend for the both clashers.
I feel sorry for the police force who has to operate under political pressure even in the times of pandemic. While they were grilling the journalist they granted bail to the perpetrators the criminals who attacked this journalist and his just 4 days ago.

Does being in home Quarantine mean, plucking flowers from your neighbour's garden?😑😠

Day 36(29th April 2020) Wednesday
The stipulated time frame for Lockdown 2 is also comming to an end.  The Corona cases have started showing numbers in my city from last week. Yesterday the first coronavirus death was reported in my city. There is suspicion that it has taken another life (awating conformation.) Rumor is that some states are going to start factories and other essential works with proper care i.e.  social distancing, hand sanitation, disinfection, etc. Many are of the opinion that the nationwide lockdown will get extended till june. At this point all we can do is speculate.

These days it feels like we(me and my parents) are under quarantine. Because the family that was asked to stay indoors is freely roaming outside while we feel like caged animals. I haven't even stepped in my garden for 2 days. Whlie that man plucks flowers outside our garden. Are you getting my irony?  

Today my favorite actor, the effortless actor who was struggling with life for a year now breathed his last. πŸ’”
I am struggling with words describing how much I adore the actor. I must have not prayed for any celebrity but I prayed for him. It will take me a while to get over this news. Hence, I am taking a social media sabbatical till the time I don't see anyone discussing about this demise. He is alive in my mind. Forever.
I don't want to shed a tear for you Irrfan. Instead I will light a lamp for your soul. May you rest in peace superstar.

Day 38 (1st May 2020) Friday
So I took one day break from writing the lockdown diary to honour Irrfan. I still can't believe he is gone. But I decided to finally make peace with this fact.
He left back his amazing smile, excellent work of entertainment to remember him by. You will always be in our hearts Irrfan.

So it's may the 1st. The 2nd lockdown is also coming to an end. I think there will be relaxation after this. Don't know what the government is planning. The only complaint I have is that the central government has left the reigns of the state in the competent hands of a 3 party coalition government and a first time CM who is not a member of either houses of the state legislature. He needs to get elected to the council before may 27th to retain his post. 
One of their coalition partners are against this lockdown and have tried to disrupt the lockdown in the state at many occasions.
 
Conditions are grave and the centre won't intervene. Maharashta has been a thorn among roses for the central government it has already tarnished their political image once and if they intervene it might be subjected to mindless abuse from every corner of this state.(and the Lutyens media and some people film industry and BBC and many international media perhaps) They will call Mr. PM a heartless dictator for intervening. State CM will be made a hero among the twitter blue ticks. Maybe that's why they are playing it safe. But till when. The numbers in the state are about to cross the 10, 000 mark. Are we doomed?
I don't know what's happening in this state? The Palghar incident where policeman himself video recored the mob lynching. Mumbai police grilled a news anchor who was attacked because he targetted a party president for not asking questions on Palghar incident. Cops are getting beaten up for imposing Lockdown. Health workers are being harrassed. Yet all the blue ticks have is praises for the CM. 

Day 39(2nd may 2020) Saturday
6:40 AM
Woke up a little late today. Going to bed late the past two days.
Lockdown extension till 17th may was declared by the centre yesterday.  This time the districts are divided in dynamic zones. Red, orange and green. 
Currently my district is in red zone. 

So the Lockdown routine is going to be same as before. These past past 2-3 days has been complete lockdown in my district. Not a single shop is open. 5 more Corona patients found in the district place yesterday. So the situation looks grim. Pune and Mumbai are worst hit in the state. Special containment zones and barricading is being done in numerous places. The curve isn't flattening as expected. I really don't know what will happen after lockdown 3. 

Day 40 (3rd may 2020) sunday
This is my last entry in the series lockdown Diary 2. I will continue this task in lockdown Diary 3 as it has been officially extended. Though there are some changes in rules and regulations. Yesterday night I realised that the mind takes longer to cool down than the body. Hence I went to sleep a little early.

After watching all this mythological shows I can't help but think. 'kalki' Avatar are you showing us a trailer? 

Apocalypse- the preview
Oh it's but just a trailer of apocalypse. From wuhan I began writing this manuscript.
To teach a lesson that mortal never learns, 
The creators creation to dust I can turn.
Rise and feel the preview of my power puny one,
The wheels of destruction that cannot be undone.
Of your own medicine I am giving you a dose,
It's no match to the annihilation skills of the universe, I treasure the most.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections best scam: Invented by the people, for the people

This election season lets us understand what entails in this process. It's an impasse between a rock and a hard place. We expect sanity from insane people, loyalty from treacherous people, w e appoint stupid people to make intelligent decisions for us.🀷They in turn appoint criminals to fight and win elections for them.🀦 Politics is the only place where the criminal background on your CV gets you hired. It's a Black collar job done in the guise of white-collar. It's an unfortunate trap and we helplessly keep falling into the same vicious cycle after every five years. They say everything is fair in love and war. But in this war, many unfair, ugly, and condemnable decisions are taken in the name of the citizens, who are just a pawn in their bigger games. Mark Twain once said, "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." This sentence makes so much sense to me now. The world spends so much money on the scam called the elections. Black, white,

Lockdown Diary 3.0- A normalising phase

 Diary 3.0 : A normalising phase Day 41 (4th May 2020) Monday 6:15 AM Although I am following my lockdown routine. The 3.0 phase is going to be different. Government has removed many restrictions.(as it is people were not listening πŸ€·πŸ™„ they might as well go to work.)  ( Source- Social news.xyz) Now what? This question remains. Maybe the government has left it on us to take our own decisions. The police force is brutally tired. They tried beating up people, pleading them, punishing them(squats, yoga etc) morally shaming people.(Clapping and felicitating people who were out for no reason), making them dance. In this process some of the police force got beaten up, killed, spitted on, bullied and threatened by some politicians and infected with coronavirus for doing their job.  Therefore, the government has changed it's parenting technique. Remove certain restrictions and observe the results. That's the only choice they had. The new parenting technique is borrowed fro

Lockdown Diary 4 : A confusing phase

 Diary 4: A confusing phase. Day 55 (18th May 2020) Monday. One might wonder why am I calling it a confused phase. Just have a look at the blueprint of lockdown 4 first. It's been extended till 31st May 2020. It is confused phase because they have opened market places. While people still struggle to understand the meaning of social distancing. πŸ€·πŸ™„ Any sane person will still avoid visiting crowded places when corona scare still lurks and people who will go out are already going out since day one. (The most untamed animals of the animal kingdom.😀) This feels like opening the liquor shops situation all over again. Let's wait for these changes to show colors. Lockdown 4 is going to be an interesting diary I suspect.  Stay tuned. 10:40 Finally this lockdown has some music in store. The speaker system that was in the upstairs has been bought down to the living room and I began with listening to a legend Kishore Kumar.  (Pic source- Jio saavan)  (